Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Sugar Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free journey begins!


OK, today was a little strange. I woke up feeling SO dizzy. At first I was afraid I'd come down with vertigo again. I suffered through two months of vertigo back at the end of 2009 and that is something I would NEVER care to go through again. So, I prayed, "PLEASE GOD, don't let me have vertigo again. I don't know if I could take it!!!" I know, pretty wimpy, huh? But, I'm not proud. I remember those two months all too well. Well, I got out of bed and into the shower when it dawned on me. "Maybe I'm going through sugar withdrawal!" It happens, right? And, as I was lathering up, I did start to feel better. I cannot begin to describe to you the enormous sense of relief that flooded through my soul at that very moment. "The DT's...YEAH!!!" I felt like doing a little dance right there under the shower head. I didn't though, I was still a little dizzy! 

So far, so good. God is really giving me strength and so are many friends who have responded to yesterday's blog post on Facebook or to my status about beginning this three month SGGD-Free diet. Actually, I've already lost 1.4 pounds. In ONE day. I'm sure that rate of weight loss will not continue for the next 13 weeks. But, could you imagine if it DID? I'd lose more than 91 pounds in 91 days!! I'd be OK with anywhere between 60 and even 80, but 91 might put me in a dangerous place. Hee hee. Oh, to dream. But, also to know I have the POWER to be successful here. The One who created me is powerful enough to help me see this goal achieved. He is my strength, my reward, my joy, my EVERYTHING! And, it is important to Him. I SO often forget that my desires to grow (or shrink!) are even more important to Him than my own daughter's desires are to me. Thank YOU, Father!

One more thing...some friends have been asking WHAT diet I'm following. I'm not really following a specific, published diet. Instead, I'm eliminating all sugar, grain, gluten, and dairy on my own. But, a friend did recommend a web site published by a female doctor in Canada that might be helpful if you're looking for some research and information on starting something similar. Of course, I would caution that you do the research, talk with a Dr. or nutritionist, and find what will work best for YOU. This is simply a journey I'm taking. But, if you decide to go this route, OH PLEASE let me know. It would be great to encourage each other along the way. Here's the link to Elaine Gottschall's Specific Carbohydrate Diet: http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/index.htm

OK, that's all for now. Have a FABULOUS day, my fabulous friend. And, let's keep the discussion going. We can't do this alone! LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment